I have to admit that this probably won't be much of a list as I'm a complete summer/beach babe. I love the sun, the hot weather, shorts and dresses, sandals, the smell of sun tan lotion and salty sea breezes. But since I'm trying to be more positive and look at the beauty in ALL of life I thought I would give this a go. So to commemorate the official first day of winter here is a list of things I love about this season, in no particular order.
1. Ugg boots
2. Crisp, clean air
3. Hot chocolate with marshmallows
4.Snuggling up with a blanket and a good book or magazine in front of the heater (even better if it's an open fire!)
6. The colours of Autumn foliage that are still hanging off the trees and lying on the ground
7. My birthday!
8. The Queens Birthday long weekend spent at Phillip Island
9. Cute scarves and beanies
10. Having fat days that nobody notices because you're covered beneath extra layers of clothing
11. The sound of rain at night (I'm a little less fond of it during the day when I have to be outside walking to and from classrooms!)
Of course by the end of August I'm a little less excited about all of the above things, but with so much to be thankful for why should I let a little chilly and wet weather get me down?! And now I'll be able to look back at this list and remind myself of the little things that make winter a special time of year. The list was even longer that I was expecting!
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven."