Friday, June 10, 2011

Getting organised

A few months ago I thought it would be a really good idea to book a camping trip just for Dave and I for the Queens Birthday long weekend. At the time the weather was still nice, just starting to cool, but definitely not freezing.

Today, however, is a different story. It is soo cold, and we just found out that we can't have an open fire in the park we are staying at. Yeah camping without a fire pit. Boo. I'll have to toast my marshmallows over the little flame of the gas camping stove, so not the same.

But I am looking forward to snuggling up under blankets and going for runs along the beach, having breakfast in cafes and maybe going for a walk to Erskine Falls.

However, I keep thinking about everything I could be doing with the extra day off, the things I could be doing for our USA trip. I keep thinking about all the stuff I want to clean and sort out, start laying out things to pack etc, etc.

I started a notebook months ago that is full of the things I want to get while we are in the USA and the gifts I want to get for people. I have also just started a list of the things to pack, things to organise before we go, and the things we still need to buy for the trip - there is so much to do!!! And I have less than 3 weeks to do it it.!

Eeek!!! 3 weeks!

I think I'll just try to relax as much as possible for this weekend, and then once we are home I'll get hardcore into the last things to do before America.

Happy long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment