Thursday, January 26, 2012

Counting

This morning for some reason I decided to take a leaf out of Jen Hatmaker's book 7, and count some of the items in our house. We have:

more than 300 hundred food items in the kitchen and that was without counting what is in the freezer and all the different herbs and spices. We also have three different types of hot chocolate and eight different cheese packets - all opened and not necessarily different types of cheese - in the fridge! Eight! There's only two of us living in this home. That's four different cheeses each!



I have more than 262 clothing items spread over two closets. Yep, two closets. And a chest of drawers. Out of that I probably only wear half regularly.


we also have (in our home with just two people) two TV's, four laptop computers, one desktop computer,two iPhones, two iPods, a Wii and a PS2. Are you kidding me?! That's almost six pieces of media each!

Oh. my. goodness. What is wrong with us?! When I actually took the time to count these I realised just how ridiculous it is to stand at the fridge and say we have nothing to eat, or stand in front of my wardrobe and say I have nothing to wear.

I also think it might be time for a good clean out of the cupboards in this house. Anyone else got a stuff explosion at their place? Does anyone else feel the need to clear a little out, perhaps donate it to someone in need or have a garage/yard sale?

5 comments:

  1. Eight different cheeses . . . sounds like one ah-mazing pizza!! :)

    Yes, friend, I too felt the need to clear a out some of mu clutter. I blogged recently about getting rid of 112 things (for 1/2012) and it was surprisingly easy: http://sarahkocischeilz.wordpress.com/2012/01/16/how-i-got-rid-of-112-things/

    I'm planning to do a similar de-cluttering every month. When you exfoliate the extra stuff, be sure to blog about it and share it with me! I'd love to link to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about the pizza - didn't even think of that!! ;)

      The purge/exfoliation is totally coming - will keep you posted!

      Delete
  2. It's so easy to have too much...

    I came to your blog from Jon Acuff’s site. He has created a tremendous forum for sharing our blogs and impacting more people with them.

    I hope my blog can be an encouragement to you also.

    I write it for encouragement and motivation daily.

    http://i-never-fail.blogspot.com

    Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to watching the connections grow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharen, thanks so much for your sweet, encouraging comment on my blog! It really means a lot! I am excited to see how God's leads ya'll! :)

    ReplyDelete