Friday, May 7, 2010

Hydrangeas, a Basket and a Bike

I've been having quite a dry spell recently. I haven't really felt God's presence in my life for a while now. My Bible reading has dropped off to nearly non-existant and my prayer life has dipped too. Last night I had a bit of a mini meltdown while driving home. I started crying and asking God why He felt so distant and why I couldn't feel Him and why is it that other people get to have great relationships with Him and where was He in my life? I was frustratedly begging for blessings in my life, asking why others around me seem to be more blessed than we are. (I know, I know, get some perspective right?! But that's where my head was last night!) Then today at work my boss called me in to her office and asked if I would like more hours of work!!!! Would I??! Yay, now I can quit my crappy second job, (which I am thankful that I was able to have it while I was at uni, but I was getting pretty sick of) be at home two more nights of the week, be way less stressed and tired, be a happier wife and be more likely to want to catch up with friends and family!! So many bonuses. You can imagine my immediate (relief) "Thank you God! You do care!!" It was such an immediate answer to my cries from the night before, and for the first time in ages I really feel God. I'm so thankful! I feel like this picture - all sunny and happy, bright and carefree. It so describes my emotions right now I had to put it here!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment