Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sunday Market

This past Sunday one of my friends Lydia (who was also one of my bridesmaids!) and I went off to one of our local markets. We both had carloads of old clothes, homewares and other odds and ends of junk we wanted to get rid of. We've been going once a year for the last couple of years and it's a really good way to clean out cupboards and make a little cash as well. It was a freezing morning but the sun eventually came out and warmed things up a little and there were people everywhere.



Unfortunately, most of this stuff came home with me again! I think that because it had been forcast as a nice day so everyone that had been cleaning out their cupboards had the same plan - sell it at the Belmont market! There were tables everywhere that were selling their old stuff off, so we had a lot of competition and didn't end up making as much money as I did last year. But that's Ok because I'll just take all the stuff I didn't sell to an op shop and they can sell it for charity.


Even though I didn't make my millions (haha!) at the market, it was still a pretty good morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment