Wednesday, May 9, 2012

14 Weeks


We are 14 weeks along with Baby T. Here is a little of how we are tracking!

Baby's size: Baby is about 9cm long and weighs around 43 grams.

How far along: 14 weeks. Yay for the second trimester!

Maternity Clothes: I haven't needed maternity clothes yet and I can still do up all my pants, jeans included, but they are starting to get tighter, and when I sit down I undo them! I might have to start thinking about getting a few more singlet tops and basic shirts that I don't care about stretching.

Food cravings: I have gone off pretty much all food, so I haven't really had any cravings yet. There have been the odd moment when I feel like something in particular, but I wouldn't call them cravings just yet!


Food aversions:
I still have a very limited diet, although over the last week I have added a few more foods to the "things that don't make me want to hurl" list.


Symptoms I have: I get nauseous if I don't eat regularly, and if I wait to long between snacks I sometimes start to dry retch - nice I know! I can feel a lot of the stretching that is going on in my lower abdomen too, and when I sneeze I have to hold on to my stomach!


Doctor’s Appointment: I had my first midwives appointment last Thursday at the hospital where we were asked a whole bunch of questions, given a heap of pamphlets to read through and asked about our preferred birth options. I'm hoping to get into a program where I have the same midwife the whole way through, but I'm still waiting to find out if I'm in or not. It was at this appointment we also had the first ultrasound and got to see baby T for the first time!


Movement: Nothing yet that I have noticed.


Gender: We don't know yet. Dave wants to find out, but I am undecided at this stage.


Best moment of the week: Seeing little baby T last week on the sonogram screen, and hearing it's strong heartbeat. Just incredible!

What I'm looking forward to: Planning a nursery for the little one and starting to get together all the bits and pieces we will need.

What I miss: Poached eggs. I don't know why, but I would really love a nice runny poached egg. And a soft serve sundae. Not necessarily at the same time! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment