Wednesday, June 6, 2012

18 Weeks


Baby size: Approximately 14cm long and weighs about 190 grams!

How far along: 18 weeks exactly.

Sleep: Fine. I could do with more of it though! I'm looking forward to the school holidays soon when I'll be able to sleep in for three weeks!

Maternity clothes: Still fit all my regular clothes, although I have stopped doing up the buttons on my jeans and work pants. I can still get them done up, but it's just so much more comfortable with a hair elastic holding them closed, especially when I'm sitting down.

Food cravings: Still no real food cravings

Food aversions: Still red meat and cooked vegetables. The cooked vegetables one is weird!

Symptoms: I had a little tightness just under my ribs yesterday but that is gone today. Apparently there is this thing called the "mask of pregnancy" which is a rash like thing that can cover your upper body, including face and neck with splotchy reddish-brown markings. Here's hoping that doesn't happen! It sounds just delightful to look at!

Midwife's appointment: Not for another few weeks. I have my next ultrasound appointment on the 20th June. I'm pretty sure we get a DVD at this one! So excited to see our little one again.

Movement: I haven't felt any movement yet, which is a little disappointing. But, baby can now hear our voices!! So incredible. Dave had been repeating the word "daddy" over and over to it. He's hoping that if he does this, the baby's first word will be "daddy!"

Gender: Still don't know. Still undecided if I want to know.

Best moment of the week: Finding out on Sunday night that one of my very best friends is also expecting. Their baby is due about 12 weeks after our little one! I just can't believe what a fun time in life this is! We also picked up the car seat this week - half price at Target! Whoo!

What I miss: Nothing really. Probably just variety in my diet. Spaghetti bolognaise would nice, but the idea of the meat in that still grosses me out! And the smell of it cooking, ugh! I'm sure Dave misses the variety too, poor guy!

What I'm looking forward to: The first time I feel little baby move. I can't wait!


2 comments:

  1. I loved reading this! I'm 15 weeks along, and it's so nice to see what's going to happen to me in just a few weeks. Such an exciting time; keep posting! Thanks for writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations to you Sara!! It's such a fun time in life isn't it! xx

      Delete