Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year

Wow 2011! How fast did 2010 go?! I can’t believe Christmas is now behind us and we are headed into another year!

I don’t know about anyone else but I don’t usually make New Year’s resolutions. Mostly because I end up failing within a few weeks of the year starting. Then I start to feel bad that I didn’t keep up with it or my stomach doesn’t look any flatter and think ‘oh what the heck’, so I eat lots of chocolate and my pants keep getting tighter and tighter, and the zipper on my jeans won’t go up, and then I feel bad so I eat some more (and breathe)! Can anyone relate?

So no resolutions for me this year. I mean really, as if I don’t put enough pressure on myself anyway without knowing I have failed yet another resolution!

I do however like to take stock of where I am at in life, in my walk with God and think about where I want to be and how to get there.

One of the things I really want to do this year is read my Bible more often. It is His inspired Word for each one of us and how can I really walk and grow in my faith in this world we live in if I don’t saturate myself with His Word?

The answer is I can’t. Not for very long anyway without some sort of backsliding taking place.

So this year I have decided to join in with Beth Moore’s Siesta Scripture Memory Team. It is simply a way to keep on track with memorizing Scripture. Twice a month (the 1st and the 15th) you can simply go over to her blog and on a post Beth writes for that day you can comment on what verse you intend to memorize for the next two weeks.

How easy is that! I’m pretty sure that I can handle learning to memory just 24 verses this year! My husband is going to be so excited about finding little notes stuck everywhere! (sarcasm! ;) )

I have decided that I will also post my verse on my own blog and perhaps add a little about why I have chosen that particular verse.

So to get started for 2011 here is verse numero uno!

“’My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.” (2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV)

I have needed grace the last few days. A couple of days ago I had one of those moments where my brain disconnects from my mouth for a few seconds and things come flying out that would normally go through a filter. Yeah. Nice.

How great is it that that His grace is sufficient for me! For any mistake I make and any sin I fall into (or deliberately walk into), He will pour out His love and grace and mercy upon me. Wow!

So there you have it, verse one of 24! Hope I make it!

Is anyone else thinking of skipping their New Year’s resolution this year?

Have a great start to 2011!

Sharen

No comments:

Post a Comment