Monday, July 25, 2011

A Friend

I am getting so behind on putting up photos of our trip! I am skipping a few things so that I can put up this post, because this is the highlight of our trip so far!

Late last year I came across a blog written by a mother of three boys, and in particular one adopted son. I went back over her blog from the beginning, read her story, saw her pictures and watched the video's that were posted.

This blog, written by the lovely Katie Dunlap, has had a major impact on Dave's and my desire to adopt one day in the future.

Well, I sent Katie an email, just saying how I had been so encouraged by her family's story and journey, and long story short we started emailing back and forth, and since Dave and I were going to be in Nashville this year on our trip we though it would be really cool to meet each other in person!

So we did!


Dave and I were able to attend church with the Dunlap family (and hear Katie's husband Brad speak!) and meet each other in person!

They then very kindly offered to have Dave and I around for dinner on Monday night. Brad cooked up burgers on the grill (BBQ for those back home in Australia!) in the rain - they were so good.

Dave and I both feel so blessed to have been able to spend time with this beautiful family, and to be able to call them friends - we only wish we were closer to them so we could hang out with them more regularly! (And yes Katie, to watch more Swamp People :) )

Thank you Katie, Brad and boys for welcoming us so warmly. Even though we won't be with you in Memphis, our prayers will be! xx

(Stop past Katie's blog to learn more about this family and the incredible journey that God has them on. Brad and Katie are embarking on a church plant in Midtown, Memphis, literally starting a church from scratch!)

No comments:

Post a Comment