Friday, November 25, 2011

Adoption Videos

I love watching adoption videos on youtube and vimeo, it is seriously one of my favourite things to do. I bawl my eyes out, sob and do the ugly cry. Poor Dave wonders what on earth I'm doing!

I just thought I'd share some of my favourites!






Adoption isn't THE answer to the orphan crisis, but it is one of them, and such an important one. These beautiful children and their stories of being placed in families is a beautiful picture of our redemption and restoration into God's family.

I am hoping and praying the adoption is a part of Dave's and my family's story one day. I don't know how God is going to bring it all to pass, especially with Victorian adoption laws/regulations meaning that international adoption usually takes anywhere from five years to eight years to go through the whole process to bringing a child home.

It is a long and challenging  process, no matter where you are along the timeline of adoption, and while God never promises that the road He walks us down will be easy, He does promise that we will never walk it alone!

1 comment:

  1. check out http://apparentproject.org/
    you will love what they're doing to address Haiti's orphan crisis.

    ReplyDelete