Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Intentional Living



It is completely blowing my mind that we are less than a month away from Christmas. Where the heck did this year go? I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets to this point in the year and wonders whether I accomplished anything I set out to do during the course of the year. I don't know abut anyone else, but I sometimes feel like I an constantly running to catch up, but that time just keeps slipping away from me.

I have been thinking a lot recently about what it means to live an intentional life. About what it might mean to really live life, not just let life happen. To be purposeful, deliberate and intentional in the choices I make everyday.

10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly. John 10:10 (NASB)

Abundantly, or abundance, means to have it beyond measure. I know I want life beyond measure!

Our starting point must be Christ. We can only have true life in Christ Jesus.

But He didn't come down to us to give us life, and then to watch as we spend our time here on Earth waiting for His return. Our lives are meant to be so much more. If we have been given life (both life here on earth and life in Christ) we have been given it for a purpose.

I for one want to make sure that I am doing this.

With what I've come up with so far, living an intentional life looks a little like this: being determined to live a purposeful life, dedicated to serving God wholly. Being steadfast, unwavering and persistent in pursuit of a heart like Jesus, and motivated by love.

I have only really started to hash all of this out. I'm still digging, researching, thinking and praying about what it looks like in practicality to live out an intentional life. I don't think it is something that I will figure out, and then that will be it, I'll have made it. This will undoubtedly be life journey, and something that will evolve as I grow in my relationship with the Lord.

So what about you? Any ideas on what intentional living might look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment