Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Always Backup Your Computer!

I realised yesterday that when I had my computer re imaged a few weeks ago (it got a nasty virus - stupid virus, stupid, stupid virus) there were some videos from our America trip on there that weren't backed up elsewhere. Yep they are all gone. Almost 200 videos of LA, Houston, Florida, New Orleans, Memphis, Nashville, Washington and all the adventures on the road in between, gone.

I was shattered.

I was especially upset to realise we had lost the footage of our tour of Bristol Motor Speedway. Dave had so looked forward to that tour and I know the times at the speedway were important to him.

The one comfort is the fact that we took so many photos that if you flick through them fast enough it's almost like watching a video - just without sound. And I hate the way I sound on video so that may not necessarily be a bad thing.

Dave was super understanding. He didn' get mad or upset, just put his arm around me as I hit my forehead over and over while repeating "idiot" about 50 times. What a man!

I do love him!

2 comments:

  1. That probably means you should come back and get that footage again :). So sorry you lost the videos. I can relate....been there, done that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I whole heartedly agree!! Hopefully we might just be able to do that next year xx

    ReplyDelete