Sunday, November 6, 2011

Missional Focus: {Day 31} Where to from Here?

Today is the last day (hallelujah!) of this 31 days series. I am actually quite amazed that I have completed it. I am a great starter of things but not such a great finisher.

Case in point. In year 7 I had to take a textiles class where we had to sew a nine square cushion cover. It was an assignment, something we were assessed on. I never finished it. I'm pretty sure it's still sitting at the back of the linen closet at my parents house. I have no idea what mark I was given for that class.

So I am very excited to say that I have completed this 31 days of blogging.

31 days of talking about people living missionally. 31 days of looking at some missional organisations. 31 days of thinking about and talking about what it means to be missionally minded.

But where do we go to from here?

As I was sharing about some of the people who inspire me I realised something. No two people had the same gifts. Katie Dunlap - mum, wife and photographer. Kellyanne - teacher. Katie Davis - high school graduate. The Hendrick family - pastors.

There is no one gift that makes a person more suited to living missioanlly. The reason? Because there is not one kind of person that God calls us to go and serve. It takes all kinds of people with all kinds of giftings, to go and touch the lives of all kinds of people.

4 For just as we have many members in one body and all the members do not have the same function, 5 so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. 6 Since we have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, each of us is to exercise them accordingly (Romans 12:4-6 NASB)

What God has gifted you with is yours and yours alone to use for His glory. No one else can do what He asks you to do. No one else has been placed with your personality, in your neighbourhood, with your neighbours and circle of influence. That is your mission field. God gifts you with everything you need to serve Him where He has placed you.

Jesus gave three commands that tell us what the missional life looks like.

1. Love God (Matthew 22:37-38)
2. Love your neighbours (Matthew 22:39)
3. Go into all the world and make disciples, who will then go and do the same. (Matthew 28:19-20)



1 comment:

  1. Dropping by from Kelly's Korner. :)
    I've seen a lot of blogs doing the "31 Days Of..." blog posts. Unfortunately I only noticed this halfway through the month so I didn't do one, but oh well, maybe next year...

    ReplyDelete