Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Maternity Leave Has Begun


As of Friday I have begun my leave from work!!

I know that so many women don't have the luxury of taking time off, let alone getting paid for their leave, so I am incredibly thankful that I am in the position I am.

Work has been stressing me out for a long time and I finally went to see my doctor about it. She was more than supportive and willing to provide a medical certificate so that I can put myself in a healthier environment. I know it's no coincidence that I had the exact amount of sick leave owing as needed to cover me until my maternity leave kicks in!

I feel incredibly blessed to be able to spend the next few months getting ready for the baby. Finishing things off around the house, exercising and doing everything I need to prepare my body for the birth and even getting ready for Christmas (with baby being due around 6 weeks before Christmas I want to get as much done as possible) are all things I can now focus on without having to be stressed about work.

Apart from some general cleaning and clearing out around the house there are a number of other projects I want to get happening: vegetable patch ready for planting, make a couple of quilts I have fabric for, learn how to crochet and knit for a few other projects I have in mind.

And of course, get the nursery finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment