Saturday, September 8, 2012

Thoughts On...Being Inspired


I like to be inspired.
You know, deeply moved to do things, like write a blog post, decide what I’m going have for dinner and when I’m going to clean.
I’ve always been like this, where I have moments of whirlwind like activity and I am super productive followed closely by aimless wanderings around the house and staring blankly out the window.
I call them my restless moments, where I am waiting for inspiration to hit and something to stir my soul.
The thing that I am starting, ever so slowly, to realise is that I can’t live my life always like that. I can’t always go at break-neck speed, and I can’t only do things that I am greatly motivated to do.
There are simply some things that I have to do, because I have to do them (like cleaning).
It is in the moments of restlessness that I am motivated to reflect and also to seek out inspiration. The restlessness causes me to pause, to slow down and to take in, to create room for more inspiration to move into.
And how I do love it when that inspiration does hit!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment