Friday, July 20, 2012

Thoughts On... Keeping Memories


One of the reasons I am so glad I started this blog is because it will be a record of our life, here on the internet for many years to come.

There are many moments of Dave's and my life here, memorialised for our children to see. There are of course many moments, probably most in fact, that aren't here, but there are so many that are.

I love that our baby will be able to see much of how I was feeling during my pregnancy. That all the plans and preparations, the emotions of this time are here for our little one to come and read all about.

Our adventures are on here, big and small. Our travels, and our everyday.

I don't do a great job of documenting the everyday and I often go for days without taking any photos.

I want to get better about that, and I am sure that once the baby is here the camera will never be far from reach.

I love that this space makes me stop and reflect at least a few times each week. That it is a space that I can come back to and have insight into that moment in time for me. It helps me to pause, to think, to process and remember moments before they are gone from memory.

Little snippets of life, caught on camera and in words for us to look back on a remember. Our memories.


(Linking up with Casey Wiegand)

No comments:

Post a Comment